IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED #1
Virginia Board of Education is proposing career investigations course that is required for all middle school students. This new required CTE course could be a disruptor to all elective courses, such as Music, Art, Foreign Language, etc.
Please write the school board now!
Download and use this sample letter (MS Word) Send via mail or email as soon as you can.
Position Statement On A Required Career Investigations Course
Read the full report in the pdf titled; progress-report-for-profile-of-a-graduate.pdf.
- All letters should be addressed to:
· Dr. Steven Staples – Superintendent of Public Instruction PO Box 2120 Richmond, VA 23218 eMail:firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dr. Billy Cannaday, Jr. – President, Virginia Board of Education PO Box 2120 Richmond, VA 23218 eMail:BOE@doe.virginia.gov
- In the attached Progress report... on page 7 it states, "...requiring that all students take a career investigation course in middle school."
- Page 8 (2nd paragraph): "Lastly, a career investigation course would be required of all middle school students" Page 8 (4th paragraph) talks about the ACP being created in the career investigations course.
- Page 9 shows 3 ways how the course may roll out with high school credit
8 Steps to Successful Advocacy
Virginia Fine Arts Leadership Conference
Current Legislation Pending:
House Education Committee & Bills
Senate Education Committee & Bills
2017 General Assembly Calendar
IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED #2
The Virginia General Assembly, coming from the House, has crafted a bill dealing with sexually explicit instructional materials or related academic activities. The VCFAE recommends the following action. Please contact members of the House Education Committee (list to left) regarding HB 2191 as presented. Consider writing a letter using this sample letter and information provided.
Scheduling Of Remediation and Its Impact On Fine Arts Instruction
Review Statement of NCCAS Standards (February 15, 2014)
Position on the New Teacher Evaluation Process and the Impact on Fine Arts Teacher Evaluation
Concerns Regarding The Economics and Personal Finance Course Graduation Requirement
K-5 F Full Funding Request II
PE Legislation 2012 Position